Hi,

on the computer where it does not work the backend is 'agg'. In a
virtual machine, where it works, the backend shows 'TkAgg'

Now on the machine it does not work I run the following:

>>> import matplotlib
>>> matplotlib.use('TkAgg')
>>> import matplotlib.pyplot as plt

ImportError: cannot import name _tkagg

Works with 'QT4Agg' though. Where is the default config for matplotlib
located so I can change to 'QT4Agg'?

Many thanks so far. Plot window opened. But I don't want to set the
backend everytime i run matplotlib.