On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 8:55 AM, Michael Droettboom <md...@stsci.edu> wrote:

>   On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 12:54 AM, Christopher Graves <
> christoph.gra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Has anyone had a chance to take a look at this very annoying bug with
>> using AutoMinorLocator?
>>

> Ok, I proposed a simple bug fix at
> https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/issues/807
> How does one go about submitting this to the matplotlib package?
>
> Submitting to a github issue (as you've done) certainly works, and one of
> the developers should get to it soon.
>
> We don't require it, but the next level of contribution would be to submit
> pull requests.  This is described in the matplotlib developer docs here:
>
> http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/devel/gitwash/index.html
>
> But if you're not a regular git user and that's too much overhead for a
> simple patch, I wouldn't worry about it.
>
> Mike

I submitted this PR: https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/issues/807

The suggestion isn't a full solution, as I would rather see that the minor
ticks still gets drawn, but at least it doesn't crash anymore.  Of course,
I am not entirely certain of the value of having the minor ticks disappear
and so this would just introduce "buggy" behavior, in a sense.

Ben Root