Hi Ben,

I think I installed this version by following the instructions on
matplotlib website. But when I try to use git log, I get:

chaoyue@chaoyue-Aspire-4750:/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/matplotlib$
pwd
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/matplotlib

chaoyue@chaoyue-Aspire-4750:/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/matplotlib$
git log
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

I tried to have a look at __init__.py, it has:

from __future__ import print_function

__version__  = '1.2.x'
__version__numpy__ = '1.4' # minimum required numpy version

So it's the correct directory I am going. could you give some further
instructions?

Chao

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Benjamin Root <ben.r...@ou.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:56 AM, Chao YUE <chaoyue...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ben,
>>
>> I tried the "numpoints" in legend function for scatter plot, in dev
>> version and GTKAgg backend it works.
>>
>> In [3]: mat.__version__
>> Out[3]: '1.2.x'
>>
>> In [4]: mat.get_backend()
>> Out[4]: 'GTKAgg'
>>
>> Chao
>>

> Strange, when I tested it last night, I was using a build of mpl from
> master of a couple weeks ago, and I saw three markers in the legend.  Now,
> I am trying it again with the latest master:
> 1478a1be70b3077b71350cecaccb774f76a76656, and I now see *zero* markers.
> Something is seriously broken.
>
> Can you tell me what commit (and the date for that commit) shows up at top
> when you run "git log" in the mpl source directory?
>
> Ben Root

Chao YUE
Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l'Environnement (LSCE-IPSL)
UMR 1572 CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
Batiment 712 - Pe 119
91191 GIF Sur YVETTE Cedex
Tel: (33) 01 69 08 29 02; Fax:01.69.08.77.16