On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Damon McDougall
<damon.mcdoug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Neal Becker <ndbeck...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> OK, I've attached my sanitized example
>>

> ImportError: No module named pandas.
>
> Can you provide an example that doesn't depend on pandas?

I was playing with this example to remove the pandas stuff, and It
looks a lot like the check for the best legend location is just not
accounting correctly for the multiple legend entries in this case.
Here is an even more minimal example, that I think reproduces the same
problem as Neal's original example.

colors = ['b','g','r']
for n in range(3):
    plt.scatter([n,],[n,],color=colors[n])
plt.legend(['foo','foo','foo'],loc='best')

Note that if you just put one legend name in there, the location is
perfectly fine, it is just as it extends downward for the second and
third names, that it covers over the point.

FYI: Im using v1.1.0 mpl, in EPD 7.2.

HTH,
Aronne