Can we use the markers as alternatives for linestyles?
Consider the following in sage:

Suppose I have defined f(x) for a range already, say by the following:

x = np.arange(0,1,0.001)

import matplotlib.pyplot as plt

plt.plot(x,f(x), color='magenta', linestyle='--', linewidth=4,
label="$f(x)$")

I want to know the equivalent syntax for '++' marker for the same plot of
f(x) against (x).