On 10/04/2012 10:29 AM, Benjamin Root wrote:

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Michael Droettboom <md...@stsci.edu <mailto:md...@stsci.edu>> wrote:

    Yes -- this would be a great application for the path filtering
    infrastructure that matplotlib has.

    Mike

I agree with this idea. However, I don't think the code is set up to allow for user-defined path filters. Maybe an AGG filter would be sufficient in the short-term?

We have a complete set of path filters in C++ in path_converters.h that are used by most of the backends. It's not really user-defined because it can't be extended from Python, but it should be sufficient to put it in there and have it work everywhere.

Mike