Benjamin Root-2 wrote
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 12:40 PM, Klonuo Umom <

> klonuo@

> > wrote:
>
> I set up pull requests to fix this problem, so the v1.0.x-maint branch and
> the master branch should soon have the fixes commited to them.  You can
> get
> the latest bugfixed branch for v1.0.1 at
> https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/tree/v1.0.x-maint, although that
> would mean having to build from source.  You could also just edit your
> copy
> of the file C:\Python26\lib\site-
> packages\matplotlib\backends\backend_emf.py so that [:3] is added to the
> end
> of lines 69 and 105.  This page should show you what changes you need:
> https://github.com/WeatherGod/matplotlib/commit/bf8d9d6f7cea1546c736d3897387698e6ae5e5b3
>
> I hope that helps!
>
> Ben Root

Hi,

I am having the same problem when trying to save a figure to a .emf file via
pylab.savefig().
I have tried updating backend_emf.py as suggested but this does not fix the
problem, it still has a problem with the updated code(see below).
The only difference I can see with the original poster is that I am using
backend_qt4agg.py rather than backend_wxagg.py in the original posters code.
This shouldn't change the fix, should it ?

pylab.savefig('nrg.emf')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\pyplot.py", line 363, in
savefig
    return fig.savefig(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\figure.py", line 1084, in
savefig
    self.canvas.print_figure(*args, **kwargs)
  File
"C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\backends\backend_qt4agg.py", line
144, in print_figure
    FigureCanvasAgg.print_figure(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\backend_bases.py", line
1923, in print_figure
    **kwargs)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\backend_bases.py", line
1723, in print_emf
    return emf.print_emf(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\backends\backend_emf.py",
line 717, in print_emf
    self.figure.draw(renderer)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\artist.py", line 55, in
draw_wrapper
    draw(artist, renderer, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\figure.py", line 738, in
draw
    if self.frameon: self.patch.draw(renderer)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\artist.py", line 55, in
draw_wrapper
    draw(artist, renderer, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\patches.py", line 411, in
draw
    renderer.draw_path(gc, tpath, affine, rgbFace)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\backends\backend_emf.py",
line 258, in draw_path
    self.select_brush(rgbFace)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\backends\backend_emf.py",
line 565, in select_brush
    brush=EMFBrush(self.emf,rgb)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\backends\backend_emf.py",
line 105, in __init__
    r,g,b=rgb[:3]
ValueError: too many values to unpack