Benjamin Root <ben.r...@ou.edu> writes:

> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 12:17 PM, Gökhan Sever
> <gokhanse...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Another point I noticed is setting linewidth to 0 (in fill_between
>> function) isn't working as expected when figure is saved as a PDF file.
>>
> Actually, this is not a bug in mpl.  It is a "bug" in various viewers.
> Some viewers have a "minimum" linewidth and will use that for any requested
> linewidths smaller than that.  Are you using Apple's Preview?

That's correct as per the pdf specification: a linewidth of zero means
the thinnest possible line on that device. That's why the pdf backend
attempts to not draw a line if the width is set to zero, but somehow
it's not working in this case. I'd call it a bug.

--
Jouni K. Seppänen
http://www.iki.fi/jks