I have a PathCollection with a lot of closed paths.  I'm trying to
implement a "data cursor" as described here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4652439/is-there-a-matplotlib-equivalent-of-matlabs-datacursormode

.  I've done this successfuly in the past when the objects I wanted to
pick were points.  However, with this PathCollection, I want to be
able to click inside the region enclosed by a path, and select the
path that encloses that region.  Using the basic sort of code as shown
in that post, it seems to only select the path when you click on the
path itself --- that is, the boundary of the region.

        How can I get a pick event for a PathCollection that tells me the
path whose interior I clicked in?  To make things even more
complicated, some of the paths are not simply-connected and contain
other paths inside their "holes", but even handling it without that
wrinkle would be a start.

Thanks,
--
Brendan Barnwell
"Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is