On 08/06/2013 08:39 AM, Rita wrote:
Yes, I mean a self-built package.

When linking I think setupext.py is using /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib first, instead it should use PKG_CONFIG_PATH and then /usr/lib and then /usr/local/lib. Basically, the ordering or linking matters. I hope that helps. This isnt a big deal but just though I put out the solution.

I don't think PKG_CONFIG_PATH is supposed to have anything to do with linking directories. PKG_CONFIG_PATH tells pkg-config where to look for .pc files, which *in turn*, by querying pkg-config, may contain information about link directories. So when you say it should prepend PKG_CONFIG_PATH, do you mean it should prepend "what pkg-config returns"? I think that probably what it should be doing, and it's a bonafide bug that it is not.

Any chance you can share the linker command line that you think is wrong, and how it needs to be re-ordered?

Mike