Sourav - Are you by chance trying to make a stereonet?  If so, your
question makes a bit more sense.  If that's what you're doing, have a look
at mplstereonet. https://github.com/joferkington/mplstereonet It currently
doesn't support polar stereonets, but that's something I've been meaning to
add for a long time.

If that's not what you're doing, then perhaps you wanted something similar
to this? (The directions don't have much meaning, as others have already
pointed out):

from mpl_toolkits.basemap import Basemap
import numpy as np
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt

m = Basemap(projection='npstere',boundinglat=10,lon_0=270,resolution='l')
m.drawcoastlines()
m.fillcontinents(color='coral',lake_color='aqua')
m.drawmapboundary(fill_color='aqua')

# draw parallels and meridians.
m.drawparallels(np.arange(-80.,80.,20.))
ticks = m.drawmeridians(np.arange(-180.,180.,20.),
                        labels=[True, True, True, True])

# Change the meridian label at 0 and 180 to East and West
for value, label in zip([0.0, -180.0], ['East', 'West']):
    ticks[value][1][0].set_text(label)

plt.show()

Hope that helps!
-Joe