On 11/09/2013 12:34 PM, Nat Echols wrote:
A few of the users of our software want to compile the entire mess from source using non-standard compilers and/or options. We try to bundle all dependencies with the package we distribute but the current version of Matplotlib is attempting to download another half-dozen or so, which I'm pretty sure is new behavior. Because these users work at a company with draconian network use policies, HTTP connections is completely blocked, and the build fails when Matplotlib can't download these dependencies.

Two questions:

1) Is there a way to instruct Matplotlib not to attempt to download anything? I do not care if the build fails as a result of the missing dependencies - at least it will be obvious what is missing, and it will prevent undefined behavior on other systems.

2) Barring (1), is there a complete list of all required dependencies somewhere? The one on the website appears to be out of date, and it is not clear what is truly required versus simply nice to have.

The documentation is correct, but it does not list secondary dependencies (i.e. dependencies of dependencies).

Mike

thanks,
Nat

                   _