Hi

maybe you could also just run a search on github with: “import matplotlib” or
“from matplotlib import pyplot"
You’ll get thousands of answers, but using the github search API
https://developer.github.com/v3/search/,
 you could filter out this data (by project size or by project activity).

This would also allow you to know how many projects are using matplotlib and
make some stats (at least on github).

Michka