Hello,

I have a problem plotting data which is defined on a grid other than
rectangular mesh, and would greatly appreciate any advise. My data is defined
for 0.1degree grid for the state of California, and I don’t want to interpolate
my data outside of the defined grid when plotting it. I used pcolormesh()
function for rectangular area maps, but it only accepts rectangular grid and I
was wondering if there is a simple solution to my problem.

The only solution I could find was to use scipy.interpolate,griddata() to “map”
my grid to a bounding rectangular grid (bounding rectangle around CA state),
but that would also interpolate my data to grid cells outside of CA state,
which I don’t want to do.

Many thanks for any hints!
Masha
--