Hi,

I'm dealing with this issue but no clues I have found!
When I use simple matplotlib engine, my plot does not render the correct
font (which I have set to Arial) but it renders the \hline and specif
spaces in the table inserted inside the figure area [Fig 1]
<http://imgur.com/J1A01h5>.

In the second try, using Xelatex engine (made possible by mpl.use('pgf') ),
I get correct Arial font but my table inside becomes a mess [Fig 2]
<http://imgur.com/4TckUyb>.

Does anyone knows what is the difference between the two codes [Code]
<https://gist.github.com/arnaldorusso/e542b04245560300d4f7>, and how should
I get a figure with Arial font and a table inside the figure area?

It's strange when I have to deal with latex codes and matplotlib... In a
simple plot (whitout LaTeX elements) I'd have set simply: font.family:
["sans-serif"] and font.sans-serif: ["Arial"].

Is there a way to include tables inside a figure with another approach
(e.g. whithout using LaTeX)?

At least but not less important: The figures in their different part of the
[Code] <https://gist.github.com/arnaldorusso/e542b04245560300d4f7>, must be
executed in different session. If I run everything in a simple console, I
really dont know which parameter is maintained, but Arial is not used (in
the second plot).

[Fig 1] http://imgur.com/J1A01h5
[Fig 2] http://imgur.com/4TckUyb
[Code] https://gist.github.com/arnaldorusso/e542b04245560300d4f7