Whoa, thanks for a great answer Ryan. I can see, why the level of
control MPL gives you is a great sales pitch. It's one of the reasons,
why I switched from gnuplot after using it for many years and making
many cool plots. The MPL learning curve has just been a bit steep,
when you are used to plot whatever you want.