Can you re-send this with that error message formatted a bit better (It is
really hard to make any sense of it all squashed into one line like that).

>From what I can make it out looks like it is mostly warnings, not errors.

Does it correctly save the figure?  Can you show us the two outputs?

v1.1.1 is from Jun, 2012, there are over 5k new commits across 301 files
between the two versions (see
https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/compare/v1.1.1...v1.4.3 but it
chokes and only will show you 250 commits)

Can you put together a minimal working example (which does not rely on any
external files)?  That will really help the list pin down exactly what is
wrong and how to fix it.

Tom