I would like to be able to publish plots that are updated as data are
received by the server.  I don't actually want any of the toolbar
interactivity--I just want the updated plot to appear in the browser
automatically.  I suspect this can all be done quite easily using the
webagg backend, but I have not yet figured it out by looking at the
embedding_in_webagg.py example and the backend_webagg* code.  I expect
that stripping out the toolbar is straightforward, but what I don't
understand is how to achieve the dynamic updates, preferably without
using the animation framework, which I think would add unnecessary
complexity.

Are there any other examples floating around that would help?

Thanks.

Eric