Le 28/09/2015 21:03, Benjamin Root a écrit :
> Where does he multiply a list by a float? The traceback shows the
> multiplication happening much further down in the draw stack.

Look, Benjamin Root, I don't know, and I will not "investigate" where
this operation happens. The diagnosis is a standard Python message.
Thus, I took the program of Shakhti Kannan, and in a few seconds I changed

x = [1.0, 2.0, 3.0]     into      x = np.array([1.0, 2.0, 3.0])

and in update_line:   x.append(1.0)   into x=np.concatenate((x,[1.0]))

And the program began to run without error messages. So, please, these
are FACTS: somewhere the lists x,y,z get down in this draw stack.

> That shouldn't matter. ax.plot() accepts lists as valid inputs and it
> should be converting them into numpy arrays under the hood.

There are two different issues, accepting any sequences/iterators is
one, converting them into arrays - another one. This second operation
visibly doesn't take place.

J. Karczmarczuk