Hello Babulal,

I believe that the problem is that MATPOWER does not automatically remove
islands when running a powerflow.  Each of the three contingencies you list
happen to isolate a bus, therefore the network needs to be reduced prior to
the call to runpf (Ray -- please correct me if I'm wrong).

You can use extract_islands() for this:

>> mpc = loadcase(IEEE30_Conting9_11)

mpc =

    version: '2'
    baseMVA: 100
        bus: [30x13 double]
        gen: [6x25 double]
     branch: [41x13 double]

>> mpc_reduced = extract_islands(mpc, 1)

mpc_reduced =

    version: '2'
    baseMVA: 100
        bus: [29x13 double]
        gen: [5x25 double]
     branch: [40x13 double]

Running runpf() on this reduced case works OK for the contingencies you
list.

--
Jose L. Marin
Gridquant EspaƱa SL