Jovan,

I agree it's not fast and efficient, as it involves inverting the
admittance matrix.  However, I do not see why not Klein's impedance
distance could be used in power networks.  I mean, the fact that some (ok,
most) injections are expressed as constant power does not invalidate the
fact that it's an electric circuit governed by Kirchoff laws.

Incidentally, we have sometimes used the path of greatest admittance
between two given nodes as an heuristic measure of "closeness" (actually,
the net impedance of such path).  It all depends what you want to use these
distances for.

--
Jose L. Marin
Gridquant España SL