metric. Matpower has a utility function checklimits() that can help to identify
the generators/lines that exceed their limits.

Shri

On Feb 2, 2016, at 10:55 AM, Mounika Vanjarapu
<mounikavanjar...@gmail.com<mailto:mounikavanjar...@gmail.com>> wrote:

actually i want to create congestion to my system.for that i have to select the
most congested line.so removing each line or generator and checking the limits
is very difficult.in<http://difficult.in> which way i can know which is most
preferrable outage by contingency analysis using matpower.

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 10:18 PM, Abhyankar, Shrirang G.
<abhy...@anl.gov<mailto:abhy...@anl.gov>> wrote:
Each generator, branch has a status that you can change to simulate a
contingency. See the functions idx_brch() and idx_gen() for the appropriate
columns for the status flag in the branch and generator data, respectively.

Shri

From: Mounika Vanjarapu
<mounikavanjar...@gmail.com<mailto:mounikavanjar...@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, February 2, 2016 at 10:37 AM
To: MATPOWER discussion forum
<matpowe...@list.cornell.edu<mailto:matpowe...@list.cornell.edu>>
Subject: Re: demand reponse

thanq for replying sir .another question is how we can do contingency analysis
in matpower.

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 8:33 PM, Ray Zimmerman
<r...@cornell.edu<mailto:r...@cornell.edu>> wrote:
Check out Section 6.4.2 on Dispatchable Loads (i.e. price responsive or
curtailable loads) in the User’s
Manual<http://www.pserc.cornell.edu/matpower/docs/MATPOWER-manual-5.1.pdf>.

    Ray

On Feb 2, 2016, at 9:18 AM, Mounika Vanjarapu