Dear all,

I am currently trying to model generator contingencies in MOST. However, my
problem is, that there is no variation of generator dispatch over all the
modelled states. The generators with a contingency assigned have therefore zero
dispatch in the base and contingency state. Consequently I get no differences
between the base case and the states in which contingencies do occur.
Moreover I have applied the same set up to model transmission line
contingencies. This setup doesn’t cause any problems and I am getting different
power flows in the base state and the states with contingencies.

In my setup, I have assigned a big amount of positive/negative reserve
quantities with zero reserve costs to the generators with modelled
contingencies. I have already tried to define contingencies for all kind of
generators (different maximum capacity, different marginal costs). The system I
am simulating consists of 940 buses, 4500 generators and 1350 transmission
lines.

Did someone have the same problem? What could be the reason that I don’t get
any differences in generator dispatch among the modelled states?

Thank you very much for any kind of inputs and advices

Maurus Rusch