Good morning people!! My name's Andrey Vieira. I am a PhD student in Belém -
Brazil (amazon) in the area of energy systems at PPGEE-UFPA. I intend to
develop my thesis in the area of optimization for restoration of electric
energy distribution systems with some goals and restrictions. My purpose is to
develop an intelligent algorithm that performs a configuration in Electric
Power Distribution Systems for the problem of restoration in both literature
feeders and in the most complex (real), three-phase and unbalanced radial, with
a multiobjective approach and with time requirements real.
I have read several papers on the subject and intend to use MATPOWER to
optimize the reconfiguration on some IEEE feeders (16,33 and 84 bars).
Currently, I am starting programming and I have come up against a simple
question regarding the manipulation of the (normally open and normally closed)
IEEE cases of matlab (case33, case69, case84, etc), ie: How to manipulate the
(Normally closed sections) and those to be closed for analysis (TIE keys)?
 Anyway, the reason for my contact is to know if anyone can help me regarding
the switchings in the MATPOWER IEEE case files. That is, how do I manipulate
(change the state of the keys)? For example, in the case of 33 bars, in the
initial configuration, TIE keys are part of the initial configuration of the
system. I do not know if I'm getting it wrong, but when running load (runpf
('case33')), whether or not you have the 5 TIE keys inserted in the case33
files, the result is always the same. I know I must be making a mistake, I just
do not know what it is. I would appreciate the help.

"A Segurança econômica não se encontra no emprego, mas sim em seu próprio poder
de produzir - pensar, criar, aprender, adaptar. Esta é a verdadeira
independência financeira, e não a posse de riquezas. É ter poder para produzir
riquezas. É algo interno"
 (Stephen Covey).