Dear Matpower Folks:

I have larger network that is a solved load flow case from an ISO.

The AC power flow converges fine, but neither AC nor DC OPF solve.

I supplied my own estimated generator costs, and perturbed them so that none are identical.

I get the following error:

>> mpc = iso2015sum

mpc =

     version: '2'
     baseMVA: 100
         bus: [7108x13 double]
         gen: [720x25 double]
      branch: [8930x13 double]
    bus_name: {7108x1 cell}
      dcline: [4x17 double]
     gencost: [720x6 double]

>> results = rundcopf(mpc)

opf_setup: Warning: Multiple reference buses.
           For a system with islands, a reference bus in each island
           may help convergence, but in a fully connected system such
           a situation is probably not reasonable.

MATPOWER Version 6.0b2, 01-Nov-2016 -- DC Optimal Power Flow
The interior-point-legacy algorithm uses a built-in starting point;
ignoring supplied X0.
Exiting: One or more of the residuals, duality gap, or total relative error
 has stalled:
         the primal appears to be infeasible and the dual unbounded since
         the dual objective > 1e+10
         and the primal objective > -1e+6.

results =

     version: '2'
     baseMVA: 100
         bus: [7108x17 double]
         gen: [720x25 double]
      branch: [8930x21 double]
    bus_name: {7108x1 cell}
      dcline: [4x17 double]
     gencost: [720x6 double]
       order: [1x1 struct]
          om: [1x1 opf_model]
           x: [7700x1 double]
          mu: [1x1 struct]
           f: 2.1192e+06
         var: [1x1 struct]
         lin: [1x1 struct]
          et: 7.5220
     success: 0
         raw: [1x1 struct]

The system has several complex features:

    4 HVDC lines

    several storage resources as generators

    4 buses as reference/slack bus type

    many "isolated" bus types ("4").

Can you suggest where in the results I can look to diagnose the problem?

Thanks so much!

Mort Webster

--
Mort Webster
Associate Professor of Energy Engineering