Hello,

I am not pretty sure but I guess that if  the following command appears at
the *very first iteration* then the system is probably unbalanced.

>Newton's method power flow did not converge in 10 iterations.

And it may happen that all the PV bus got converted to PQ bus including
reference bus and therefore ref = PV(1) is getting out of index dimension.
I don't know your casedata. But can you check once if the system is
balanced and converged without Q limit check.


Thanks


*SAYANDEV GHOSH*
Assistant Professor
Electrical Engineering Department
Chaibasa Engineering College, Chaibasa, Jharkhand
Mob. No. - 7292880077 / 9748509620

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 10:35 PM, Ray Zimmerman <r...@cornell.edu> wrote:

> I agree this looks like a bug. Can you provide a minimum working example
> that will allow us to reproduce the problem, and please submit a bug report
> <https://github.com/MATPOWER/matpower/blob/master/
> CONTRIBUTING.md#reporting-a-bug> to the issue tracker on GitHub?
>
> Thanks,
>
>     Ray
>
> > On Aug 10, 2017, at 4:33 PM, mahraz amini <amini.mah...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am trying to run power flow on my power network with different load
> profiles, while all generators are enforced to be within their Q limits.
> However, sometime I face this error :
> >
> > Newton's method power flow did not converge in 10 iterations.
> > Gen 17 at upper Q limit, converting to PQ bus
> > Gen 25 at upper Q limit, converting to PQ bus
> > Gen 29 at upper Q limit, converting to PQ bus
> > Gen 18 at lower Q limit, converting to PQ bus
> > Index exceeds matrix dimensions.
> >
> > Error in bustypes (line 43)
> >         ref = pv(1);    TCL MERGE ERROR ( 08/11/2017 13:06:12 ):
> "missing ""
> OutmailID: 121717098, List: 'matpower-l', MemberID: 78903649
> SCRIPT: "use the first PV bus >  > Error in runpf (line 291) >
>      [ref, pv, pq] = bustypes(bus, gen); >  > Error in loopACPF_New_h2m
> (line 110) > results = runpf(ps1, mpoption('pf.enforce_q_lims', 1)); >  >
> and it jump out of the program. I expect even in case of not converting, it
> should not give any error as some times it gave this comment : >  >
> Newton's method power flow converged in 8 iterations. > Gen 19 at lower Q
> limit, converting to PQ bus > Gen 28 at lower Q limit, converting to PQ bus
> >  > Newton's method power flow did not converge in 10 iterations. > Gen 25
> at upper Q limit, converting to PQ bus > Gen 29 at upper Q limit,
> converting to PQ bus > Gen 18 at lower Q limit, converting to PQ bus >  >
> Newton's method power flow did not converge in 10 iterations. > All 1
> remaining gens exceed their Q limits : INFEASIBLE PROBLEM >  > >>>>>  Did
> NOT converge (0.24 seconds)  "<<<\n> \n> which is fine, because it let the
> rest of the code continues to run.\n> \n> So I am wondering if any one has
> any idea why the first case happens and how I can prevent its happening
> .\n> \n> Thanks,\n> \n> Mahraz\n\n\n--Apple-Mail=_04EEF415-B5AA-4CB8-A756-
> 2470177F64EC\nContent-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable\nContent-Type:
> text/html;\n charset=\"us-ascii\"\n\n<html><head><meta
> http-equiv=\"Content-Type\" content=\"text/html 
> charset=us-ascii\"></head><body
> style=\"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space;
> -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;\" class=\"\">I agree this looks like
> a bug. Can you provide a minimum working example that will allow us to
> reproduce the problem, and please&nbsp;<a href=\"https://github.com/
> MATPOWER/matpower/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#reporting-a-bug\"
> class=\"\">submit a bug report</a>&nbsp;to the issue tracker on GitHub?<div
> class=\"\"><br class=\"\"></div><div class=\"\">Thanks,</div><div
> class=\"\"><br class=\"\"></div><div class=\"\">&nbsp; &nbsp; Ray</div><div
> class=\"\"><div class=\"\"><br class=\"\"><div><blockquote type=\"cite\"
> class=\"\"><div class=\"\">On Aug 10, 2017, at 4:33 PM, mahraz amini &lt;<a
> href=\"mailto:amini.mah...@gmail.com\"; 
> class=\"\">amini.mah...@gmail.com</a>&gt;
> wrote:</div><br class=\"Apple-interchange-newline\"><div class=\"\"><div
> dir=\"ltr\" class=\"\">Hi all,<div class=\"\"><br class=\"\"></div><div
> class=\"\">I am trying to run power flow on my power network with different
> load profiles, while all generators are enforced to be within their Q
> limits. However, sometime I face this error :</div><div class=\"\"><br
> class=\"\"></div><div class=\"\"><div class=\"\">Newton's method power flow
> did not converge in 10 iterations.</div><div class=\"\">Gen 17 at upper Q
> limit, converting to PQ bus</div><div class=\"\">Gen 25 at upper Q limit,
> converting to PQ bus</div><div class=\"\">Gen 29 at upper Q limit,
> converting to PQ bus</div><div class=\"\">Gen 18 at lower Q limit,
> converting to PQ bus</div><div class=\"\">Index exceeds matrix
> dimensions.</div><div class=\"\"><br class=\"\"></div><div class=\"\"><font
> color=\"#ff0000\" class=\"\">Error in bustypes (line 43)</font></div><div
> class=\"\"><font color=\"#ff0000\" class=\"\">&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
> ref = pv(1); &nbsp; &nbsp;"
>  use the first PV bus</font></div><div class=""><font color="#ff0000"
> class=""><br class=""></font></div><div class=""><font color="#ff0000"
> class="">Error in runpf (line 291)</font></div><div class=""><font
> color="#ff0000" class="">&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
> &nbsp; [ref, pv, pq] = bustypes(bus, gen);</font></div><div class=""><font
> color="#ff0000" class=""><br class=""></font></div><div class=""><font
> color="#ff0000" class="">Error in loopACPF_New_h2m (line
> 110)</font></div><div class=""><font color="#ff0000" class="">results =
> runpf(ps1, mpoption('pf.enforce_q_lims', 1));</font></div></div><div
> class=""><br class=""></div><div class="">and it jump out of the program. I
> expect even in case of not converting, it should not give any error as some
> times it gave this comment :</div><div class=""><br class=""></div><div
> class=""><div class="">Newton's method power flow converged in 8
> iterations.</div><div class="">Gen 19 at lower Q limit, converting to PQ
> bus</div><div class="">Gen 28 at lower Q limit, converting to PQ
> bus</div><div class=""><br class=""></div><div class="">Newton's method
> power flow did not converge in 10 iterations.</div><div class="">Gen 25 at
> upper Q limit, converting to PQ bus</div><div class="">Gen 29 at upper Q
> limit, converting to PQ bus</div><div class="">Gen 18 at lower Q limit,
> converting to PQ bus</div><div class=""><br class=""></div><div
> class="">Newton's method power flow did not converge in 10
> iterations.</div><div class="">All 1 remaining gens exceed their Q limits :
> INFEASIBLE PROBLEM</div><div class=""><br class=""></div><div
> class="">&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &nbsp;Did NOT converge (0.24 seconds)
> &nbsp;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</div></div><div class=""><br
> class=""></div><div class="">which is fine, because it let the rest of the
> code continues to run.</div><div class=""><br class=""></div><div
> class="">So I am wondering if any one has any idea why the first case
> happens and how I can prevent its happening .</div><div class=""><br
> class=""></div><div class="">Thanks,</div><div class=""><br
> class=""></div><div class="">Mahraz</div></div>
> </div></blockquote></div><br class=""></div></div></body></html>

Reply via email to