From: <bounce-123652900-83373...@list.cornell.edu> on behalf of Ismael K
Abdulrahman <ikabdulra...@students.tntech.edu>
Date: Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 1:17 AM
To: "matpower-l@cornell.edu" <matpower-l@cornell.edu>
Subject: Question about power flow for a system with faulted bus

Dear Matpower community,

I am a Ph.D. student working in power system dynamic analysis. I use Matpower
for computing the initial values of the system variables.

I want to find the initial values of the algebraic variables (voltage
magnitude, voltage angle, generator current phasors...)  at the time of
disturbance. The disturbance is a three phase fault at one bus in the system,
usually a load or zero-injection bus. I tried to consider the faulted bus as a
generator with zero power and zero voltage, but the problem cannot be solved. I
was wondering if there is any way to get around this problem? I greatly
appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance

Ismael