But sometimes it is not possible to ramp down the conventional generators fast
enough in the high wind period, or ramp them up fast enough afterward when the
wind decreases. Or if the ramping costs are high, then it may be less expensive
overall to curtail wind than to incur the higher ramping costs.

     Ray