When using dispatchable loads, the range of load variation is determined by the
limits on the associated “generator”. So for a load that can be dispatched
between 50 and 100 MW, you would set PMIN to -100 and PMAX to -50.

Where it is dispatched within that range is determined by the “cost” defined in
gencost.

You say that your load “only reduces but it does not increase”. I assume by
that you are referring to changes from the original fixed load value, which
load2disp() uses to set PMIN. If you want to allow the load to increase from
there, you have to choose a smaller PMIN. To get the desired result, you will
also need to make sure that you set the “costs” to reflect the value of serving
that load.

Hope this helps,

    Ray

On Oct 13, 2022, at 6:22 AM, Lois Efe