Josh,

It was Java 6 Update 24, (1.6.0_24), that broke Matterhorn initially, but I think it was just that the update didn't really do a correct 'install' or 'config' of the new version of Java. After I uninstalled Java completely, I reinstalled and configured the same 1.6.0_24 version. That fixed the problem.

Peace,
Sean

On 2/25/11 11:06 PM, Josh Holtzman wrote:
Great, I'm glad everything is working again. Do you happen to know the Java version that wasn't working? I've been following the "Java 6 Update 24 breaks Felix" thread [1] on the Apache Felix mailing list, and I'm wondering if the two might be related.

Thanks,
Josh

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg09775.html

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 7:04 PM, Sean Hennessee <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

    In looking through log files, (including the yum log), I
    determined that the errors started when Redhat did an automated
    update of Java. I did a yum remove of Java; then a yum install of
    Java, and an 'alternatives' config of java. (In hindsight, I might
    have been able to get away with just running the alternatives
    config for the new Java instead of remove/install/config.) After
    that Matterhorn started working properly again. I've also added an
    exclude java to the yum configuration for now to keep Java from
    auto-updating in the future. (I'm running RHEL-6.)

    Josh, Thanks for the pointer to it being a possible Java/JVM
    issue. That got me on the right track for solving it.

    Peace,
    Sean


    On 02/25/2011 08:59 AM, Josh Holtzman wrote:

        Hi Sean,
        Matterhorn requires that a security filter be registered with the
        HttpService, which is what's running Jetty and handling HTTP
        requests.
         There's no security filter registered, so you get a "Requests
        are not
        permitted" entry in the logs and the client gets a 401.  The
        idea here
        is that it's better to deny access to the app entirely if
        there's a
        problem finding the security configuration, rather than
        allowing full
        access to everything.

        It looks like there's a problem with the JVM's crypto libraries:

        Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Cannot set up certs
        for trusted CAs
                at javax.crypto.SunJCE_b.<clinit>(DashoA13*..)
                ... 27 more
        Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Cannot locate policy
        or framework files!
                at javax.crypto.SunJCE_b.i(DashoA13*..)
                at javax.crypto.SunJCE_b.g(DashoA13*..)
                at javax.crypto.SunJCE_b$1.run(DashoA13*..)
                at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
        Method)

        I've never seen this problem with Matterhorn, so you may need
        to do
        some research on this exception and play with the system to
        see what's
        going on.  Please keep us posted!

        Thanks,
        Josh

        On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Sean Hennessee<[email protected]
        <mailto:[email protected]>>  wrote:

            Can anyone help me with this issue? I'm new to Matterhorn
            and not that
            familiar with Java, but I do have a fair amount of
            experience with Linux and
            other server programs.

            We're basically only testing the administrative video
            upload feature and not
            the automatic recording of a classroom. We already have
            classroom recording
            implemented using other tools.

            I had Matterhorn running and working until recently when
            it crashed back to
            a linux prompt. Now when I start it, I get these error
            messages at the
            console and all of the web pages present a
            "HTTP ERROR 401 Problem accessing /. Reason: UNAUTHORIZED
            Powered by
            Jetty://"

            A full ./bin/start.sh startup console log and opencast.log
            can be seen here
            until Mar 25, 2011:
            http://pastebin.com/tE7xHgDB

            08:02:03  INFO (RestPublisher:90) - Registered REST
            endpoint at /ingest/rest
            08:02:12  WARN (SharedHttpContext:92) - Requests are not
            permitted without a
            registered matterhorn security filter.
            08:02:12  WARN (TrustedHttpClientImpl:217) - URI
            
http://matterhorn1.es.uci.edu:8080/capture-admin/rest/agents/demo_capture_agent
            does not support digest authentication
            08:02:12  WARN (SharedHttpContext:92) - Requests are not
            permitted without a
            registered matterhorn security filter.
            08:02:12  INFO (AgentStateJob:166) - State push to
            
http://matterhorn1.es.uci.edu:8080/capture-admin/rest/agents/demo_capture_agent
            failed with code 401.
            08:02:12  WARN (SharedHttpContext:92) - Requests are not
            permitted without a
            registered matterhorn security filter.
            08:02:12  WARN (TrustedHttpClientImpl:217) - URI
            
http://matterhorn1.es.uci.edu:8080/capture-admin/rest/agents/demo_capture_agent/capabilities
            does not support digest authentication
            08:02:12  WARN (SharedHttpContext:92) - Requests are not
            permitted without a
            registered matterhorn security filter.
            08:02:12  INFO (AgentCapabilitiesJob:95) - Capabilities
            push to
            
http://matterhorn1.es.uci.edu:8080/capture-admin/rest/agents/demo_capture_agent/capabilities
            failed with code 401.
            08:02:22  WARN (SharedHttpContext:92) - Requests are not
            permitted without a
            registered matterhorn security filter.
            08:02:22  WARN (TrustedHttpClientImpl:217) - URI
            
http://matterhorn1.es.uci.edu:8080/capture-admin/rest/agents/demo_capture_agent
            does not support digest authentication
            08:02:22  WARN (SharedHttpContext:92) - Requests are not
            permitted without a
            registered matterhorn security filter.
            08:02:22  INFO (AgentStateJob:166) - State push to
            
http://matterhorn1.es.uci.edu:8080/capture-admin/rest/agents/demo_capture_agent
            failed with code 401.
            08:02:22  WARN (SharedHttpContext:92) - Requests are not
            permitted without a
            registered matterhorn security filter.
            08:02:22  WARN (TrustedHttpClientImpl:217) - URI
            
http://matterhorn1.es.uci.edu:8080/capture-admin/rest/agents/demo_capture_agent/capabilities
            does not support digest authentication
            08:02:22  WARN (SharedHttpContext:92) - Requests are not
            permitted without a
            registered matterhorn security filter.
            08:02:22  INFO (AgentCapabilitiesJob:95) - Capabilities
            push to
            
http://matterhorn1.es.uci.edu:8080/capture-admin/rest/agents/demo_capture_agent/capabilities
            failed with code 401.

            Here is my config file:
            org.osgi.service.http.port=8080
            org.osgi.service.http.secure.enabled=false
            org.ops4j.pax.web.session.timeout = 30
            org.opencastproject.server.url=http://matterhorn1.es.uci.edu:8080
            org.opencastproject.admin.ui.url=http://matterhorn1.es.uci.edu:8080
            org.opencastproject.engage.ui.url=http://matterhorn1.es.uci.edu:8080
            org.opencastproject.storage.dir=/opt/matterhorn/felix/opencast
            
org.opencastproject.security.config=/opt/matterhorn/felix/conf/security.xml
            org.opencastproject.security.digest.user=matterhorn_system_account
            org.opencastproject.security.digest.pass=CHANGE_ME
            
org.opencastproject.download.directory=${org.opencastproject.storage.dir}/downloads
            ddl-generation=true
            inbox.threads = 1
            composer.threads = 1
            videosegmenter.threads = 1
            textanalyzer.threads = 1
            
org.opencastproject.file.repo.path=${org.opencastproject.storage.dir}/files
            org.opencastproject.workspace.rootdir =
            ${org.opencastproject.storage.dir}/workspace
            org.opencastproject.workflow.default.definition = full
            archive.threads = 1
            felix.auto.deploy.action=install,start,update
            felix.auto.start.1= \
             file:lib/org.osgi.compendium-4.2.0.jar \
             file:lib/org.apache.felix.configadmin-1.2.4.jar \
             file:lib/pax-confman-propsloader-0.2.1.jar \
             file:lib/pax-logging-api-1.5.0.jar \
             file:lib/pax-logging-service-1.5.0.jar \
             file:lib/org.apache.felix.scr-1.4.0.jar \
             file:lib/org.apache.felix.eventadmin-1.2.2.jar \
             file:lib/org.apache.felix.fileinstall-3.0.0.jar \
             file:lib/org.apache.felix.metatype-1.0.4.jar \
            felix.auto.start.2= \
             file:lib/geronimo-annotation_1.0_spec-1.1.1.jar \
             file:lib/geronimo-activation_1.1_spec-1.1.jar \
             file:lib/geronimo-jpa_2.0_spec-1.1.jar \
             file:lib/geronimo-jta_1.1_spec-1.1.1.jar \
             file:lib/geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.7.1.jar \
             file:lib/geronimo-ws-metadata_2.0_spec-1.1.2.jar \
             file:lib/geronimo-j2ee-connector_1.5_spec-2.0.0.jar \
             file:lib/geronimo-j2ee-management_1.1_spec-1.0.1.jar \
             file:lib/org.apache.servicemix.specs.jaxb-api-2.1-1.3.0.jar \
             file:lib/org.apache.servicemix.specs.jaxws-api-2.1-1.3.0.jar
            \
             file:lib/org.apache.servicemix.specs.saaj-api-1.3-1.3.0.jar \
             file:lib/org.apache.servicemix.specs.stax-api-1.0-1.3.0.jar \
             file:lib/org.apache.servicemix.specs.jsr311-api-1.1-1.5.0.jar
            \
            felix.auto.start.3= \
             file:lib/commons-fileupload-1.2.1.jar \
             file:lib/commons-io-1.4.jar \
             file:lib/commons-lang-2.4.jar \
             file:lib/commons-codec-1.4.jar \
             file:lib/commons-pool-1.5.3.jar \
             file:lib/commons-collections-3.2.1.jar \
             file:lib/joda-time-1.6.jar \
             file:lib/jettison-1.1.jar \
             file:lib/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.jaxb-impl-2.1.6_1.jar
            \
             file:lib/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.quartz-1.6.6_1.jar \
             file:lib/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.woodstox-3.2.7_1.jar \
             file:lib/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.wsdl4j-1.6.1_1.jar \
             file:lib/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.neethi-2.0.4_1.jar \
             file:lib/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xmlschema-1.4.3_1.jar
            \
             file:lib/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xmlresolver-1.2_1.jar
            \
             file:lib/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.commons-httpclient-3.1_4.jar
            \
             file:lib/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.asm-2.2.3_1.jar \
             file:lib/com.springsource.org.apache.commons.beanutils-1.7.0.jar
            \
             file:lib/com.springsource.org.apache.lucene-2.4.1.jar \
             file:lib/tika-bundle-0.7.jar \
             file:lib/org.eclipse.persistence.core-2.0.2.jar \
             file:lib/org.eclipse.persistence.jpa-2.0.2.jar \
             file:lib/org.eclipse.persistence.asm-2.0.2.jar \
             file:lib/org.eclipse.persistence.antlr-2.0.2.jar \
             file:lib/com.springsource.org.aopalliance-1.0.0.jar \
             file:lib/org.springframework.osgi.io-1.2.1.jar \
             file:lib/org.springframework.osgi.core-1.2.1.jar \
             file:lib/org.springframework.osgi.extender-1.2.1.jar \
             file:lib/com.springsource.org.openid4java-0.9.5.jar  \
             file:lib/com.springsource.org.cyberneko.html-1.9.13.jar \
             file:lib/org.springframework.asm-3.0.2.RELEASE.jar \
             file:lib/org.springframework.web-3.0.2.RELEASE.jar \
             file:lib/org.springframework.aop-3.0.2.RELEASE.jar \
             file:lib/org.springframework.core-3.0.2.RELEASE.jar \
             file:lib/org.springframework.beans-3.0.2.RELEASE.jar \
             file:lib/org.springframework.expression-3.0.2.RELEASE.jar \
             file:lib/org.springframework.transaction-3.0.2.RELEASE.jar \
             file:lib/org.springframework.context-3.0.2.RELEASE.jar \
             file:lib/org.springframework.context.support-3.0.2.RELEASE.jar
            \
             file:lib/org.springframework.security.core-3.0.2.RELEASE.jar
            \
             file:lib/org.springframework.security.config-3.0.2.RELEASE.jar
            \
             file:lib/org.springframework.security.web-3.0.2.RELEASE.jar \
             file:lib/org.springframework.security.openid-3.0.2.RELEASE.jar
            \
             file:lib/spring-security-cas-client-3.0.2.RELEASE.jar \
             file:lib/com.springsource.org.jasig.cas.client-3.1.8.jar \
             file:lib/com.springsource.org.opensaml-1.1.0.jar \
             file:lib/com.springsource.org.jdom-1.0.0.jar \
             file:lib/com.springsource.org.ognl-2.7.3.jar \
             file:lib/com.springsource.javassist-3.9.0.GA.jar \
             file:lib/httpcore-osgi-4.0.1.jar \
             file:lib/httpclient-osgi-4.0.1.jar \
             file:lib/cxf-bundle-minimal-2.2.9.jar \
             file:lib/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xmlsec-1.3.0_1.jar \
             file:lib/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.wss4j-1.5.4_1.jar \
             file:lib/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xerces-2.9.1_3.jar \
            felix.auto.start.4= \
             file:lib/pax-web-jetty-bundle-0.7.2.jar \
            org.osgi.framework.startlevel.beginning=5
            felix.startlevel.bundle=5
            felix.log.level=1
            obr.repository.url=http://felix.apache.org/obr/releases.xml
            testMode=true


            Peace,
            Sean
            --

_______________________________________________
Matterhorn mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.opencastproject.org/mailman/listinfo/matterhorn


To unsubscribe please email
[email protected]
_______________________________________________

Reply via email to