If you're bound to using the Struts dispatcher, it's fairly painful to
integrate any other tools.  Basically, Struts has one and only one way
of "modularizing" views - a RequestDispatcher.forward().

I suppose this does make it possible to use Maverick views, but it's
ugly:  You can forward to maverick commands.  This would require
maintaining both config files, although the maverick one would be very
simple, defining no controllers and only one view per command.

Using Domify and XSLT would be a little tricky - you would have to write
your own ViewFactory.  The normal DomifyView expects to get the model
from the controller, but you need to obtain the model from the request
attributes (where Struts places it).

So basically, it can be done, but it will be a hassle.

Of course, if you're working on the 1.1 JDK, maybe this isn't the
biggest obstacle you've had to overcome :-)

Jeff Schnitzer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

API
> and
> jdk1.1.x (It's currently running in VisualAge 3.02 (urghh)). I'm using
the
> TrivialView and Transforms along with a DispatchedView. The
configuration
> is
> hard-coded rather than driven from a configuration file. I've ported
the
> Jakarta Commons packages to the 1.1.x platform. The eventual platform
will
> be WebSphere 4.0, so there'll be a few changes when that happens.
>
> One good thing from my point of view though, is that although the use
> Struts
> has been mandated on this project, its use is mainly as a dispatch
> mechanism. Use of the Struts tag libraries has been discouraged, so a
> Maverick style view mechanism will be really cool and will hopefully
be
> good
> publicity for Maverick on other projects which will hopefully be able
> make use of the view mechanism.
>
> Ed.

Struts?