There have been discussions about modularizing the ControllerFactory in
the past but there was just never a compelling reason to do it.  Maybe
it's time.

I should have DSL in a week or two and can do some experimentation then.
Otherwise, if someone else wants to take a stab at it, feel free.  I
imagine that ControllerFactories would be configured very much like the
other factories.

As you mentioned, the framework does already allow for some amount of
controller composition.  If the flexibility of controller factories is
meant to address the needs of portal developers, maybe we should focus
on that subject first.

Jeff Schnitzer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-12-2001/jw-1214-designpatterns.htm