The fact that the last maverick release is a year old is more a testament to
the stability of maverick than to the developers neglecting to release a new
version. There have been a flurry of changes in the past week or so by
eelco, but these simple revolve around namespace changes and moving from
log4j to apache common's logging. Once all that work is done, there will
probably be a new release, but you definitely won't go wrong using the
current release.

--jim