Hello Tilo,

below a part of dbm.ebl
The period from start Pipe2file till kill pipe2file seems always about
60 sec.

best Regards

Frank

    Constructed pipe2file call 'pipe2file -d file2pipe -f
/sapdb/ALI/saparch/LCLOG.719 -p /sapdb/ALI/saparch/BACKINT_LOG_PIPE
-nowait'.

    Starting pipe2file for stage file '/sapdb/ALI/saparch/LCLOG.719'.
        Starting pipe2file process 'pipe2file -d file2pipe -f
/sapdb/ALI/saparch/LCLOG.719 -p /sapdb/ALI/saparch/BACKINT_LOG_PIPE
-nowait >>/tmp/temp1187627401-0 2>>/tmp/temp1187627401-1'.
        Process was started successfully.
    Pipe2file has been started successfully.

    Starting Backint for MaxDB.
        Starting Backint for MaxDB process '/sapmnt/AAI/exe/backint -u
ALI -f backup -t file -p /sapdb/ALI/sapbackup/backint/initALI.utl -i
/sapdb/ALI/sapbackup/backint/backint.inp -c
>>/sapdb/ALI/sapbackup/backint/backint.out
2>>/sapdb/ALI/sapbackup/backint/backint.err'.
        Process was started successfully.
    Backint for MaxDB has been started successfully.

    Waiting for end of the backup operation.
        2007-08-20 18:30:01 The backup tool is running.
        2007-08-20 18:30:01 Pipe2file is running.

        2007-08-20 18:30:02 The backup tool process has finished work
with return code 2.

        2007-08-20 18:30:06 Pipe2file is running.

        2007-08-20 18:30:16 Pipe2file is running.

        2007-08-20 18:30:31 Pipe2file is running.

        2007-08-20 18:30:51 Pipe2file is running.

        Killing not reacting pipe2file process.
        Pipe2file killed successfully.

        2007-08-20 18:31:03 The pipe2file process has finished work
with return code -1.
    The backup operation has ended.