It is not possible. As has been explained before, this is a limitation of
Django itself (the framework used to build Mayan) and to an extent of how
HTML forms works. Only the last step of the wizard can include a file, this
is why all previous steps are user data only. There is a long standing
ticket to add an AJAX document uploader
(https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/6) which would allow steps
in any order or even several step at the same time. Sadly this is outside
my knowledge domain and nobody has taken up the task to building it.

--

---