Need to check this, but i think the creation date is lost when uploading a
file. From the point of view of Mayan (or any web app), the file being
uploaded is a new file created the moment it is uploaded. The only way I
can think the creation date can be preserved is by using a file format
specific feature like for PDFs and MS Office files. Other than that I don't
think it is possible to retain the operating system file creation date.

Unlike other system, in Mayan no one "owns" a document. Takes a bit to wrap
your head around it if you come from traditional systems but I think it is
a stroke of genius. Ownership of a document is determined by the access
control of the document. This way you have a single access control system
and no the traditional owner, group, world access control scheme. In
traditional systems only one user can own a document, in Mayan many users,
roles or groups can the owners of a document. As for the process itself,
since uploads happen in the background, processed by a task worker it is
the system and not a user that executes the code. I guess the interactive
sources could be modified to store who uploaded the document, but I don't
think it would be a good idea to introduce such a big process exception in
the source code. it is a good topic for a MERC proposal. Maybe a workflow
trigger/action combination can be written to keep track of the uploader.

--

---