* ericrigg...@gmail.com: " Re: [Mayan EDMS: 2288] Announcing Mayan EDMS NG
  version 2.8" (Wed, 28 Feb 2018 17:49:27 -0800 (PST)):

> I managed to get Mayan running using Alpine Linux but the final image size
> was almost the same using Ubuntu. There were too many path and
> configuration file changes and while Alpine runs well it is not LSB
> compliant. I don't think it is a fit for something like as complex as Mayan
> and needs to run reliably in business settings. Alpine was a bit faster but
> is missing too many things like language files and fonts (our multi
> language Office test document doesn't render using Alpine). There are
> problems with Ubuntu too. Ubuntu 16.04, the recommended version for Mayan,
> is rather old and missing a recent kernel. Moving to a newer version breaks
> too many things. Ubuntu is not careful when it comes to backwards
> compatibility. RedHat, Fedora and CentOS were a disaster. Many basic
> libraries are missing and the official recommendation is to use third party
> repositories. No thanks. I'm going to try Debian next, which is very secure
> but also very stable in terms of release continuity (as opposed to Ubuntu).

JFTR if size matters there are also the *-slim flavors of Debian images
removing some files usually not needed inside containers.

https://hub.docker.com/_/debian/

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6

--

---