Mayan keeps the aspect ratio of the original image. I've been exploring
ways to fix this. One is to shrink the image and display white or black
borders. This keeps the aspect ratio intact but if the image is long it
will be rendered very small. The other way is to sacrifice the aspect ratio
and trim as bit from the top and the bottom. This approach was the added
advantage that the entry document list layout will be symmetrical and
predictable. Which helps a lot when designing or improving user interfaces.

--

---