Hi Eric - I think my question is much simpler. :)

I would like the ability to only upload one document when doing a document
upload. in the case of a document type: invoice, I would only want to
provide the ability to enter the metadata for the invoice and then upload
invoice. in my current setup,

in my current setup, I enter information about an invoice and when I upload
two documents, it stores two invoices documents with the same invoice

make sense?

On Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 1:19:41 AM UTC-4, ericr...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm not use I understand. I think you are mixing several concepts.
> * Document types are classes of documents: receipts, statements, invoices.
> * Documents are instances of document types. You can upload many for each
> but each document can only be of one type.
> * Metadata is just user data that you attach to documents.
> You can control which document types can be uploaded by creating a new
> Role/Group combination and granting the document create permission for the
> specific Document types you can to allow users of that Role/Group to be
> able to upload.
> When you create a metadata type it is not automatically available to all
> document types, you have to define the relationship between the metadata
> types and document types. This is how you control which documents can have
> which metadata assigned.
> On Monday, March 12, 2018 at 10:39:39 AM UTC-4, Anthony Sica wrote:
>> Greetings - I am working to adapt mayan for a particular need and
>> wondering if there is a way to only allow upload of one document. as you
>> know, currently the system allows multiple files uploads for a single
>> metadata....
>> Thanks - love the platform!
>> Anthony

"Mayan EDMS" group.