Bump - no ideas?

On Jul 23, 2011, at 4:18 PM, Tim Jones wrote:

When dealing with the NSStatusItemMBS class elements, I've run into a situation
where my statusitem can exceed the available space on the statusbar (either
because my text is too long, or the user switched to an application where the
app menus take up most of the statusbar space.  When this occurs, Finder or the
Windowsmanager starts hiding statusbar items.

Is there any type of notification that an app can receive to know whene it's
statusmenu has been hidden?

Tim