Hi,

I’m using the 13.2 version of the plugins (testing with Xojo 2013r3.2 on
Mavericks).

I got a nasty little problem with reading pictures from an URL. The following
methods returns the pictures just fine - but not the ones I get from facebook.
So, for example this url
"https://graph.facebook.com/9005320/picture?width=150&height=150“ doesn’t
return a picture (d.OutputData is an empty string, no error is set). If you
paste this URL into a browser you’ll see the picture though.

I’m a bit at a loss, because the method seems to work with all other URLs I
tried.

Function getPictureFromURL(URL as String) As Picture

  if URL="" then Return nil

  dim result as Picture
  dim cacert as FolderItem=app.BundleResourceFolderMBS.Child("cacert.pem")
  if cacert is nil or cacert.Exists=false then
    Break
    Return nil
  end if

  dim d as new CURLSMBS

  d.OptionSSLVerifyHost = 2 // verify server
  d.OptionSSLVerifyPeer = 1 // proofs certificate is authentic

  d.OptionCAInfo = cacert.UnixpathMBS

  // collect data, so we don't need our own subclass with events
  d.CollectOutputData = true

  d.OptionURL=Url
  dim error as integer=d.Perform

  // convert image from output data
  result = App.getPictureFromBinaryString(d.OutputData) //left out here, but
the problem is that
// d.OutputData is an empty string

  if error<>0 then
    MsgBox(Language.kProblemWithPicture+Url+"."+EndOfLine+"Error:"+str(error))
  end if

  Return result

End Function

I might have to set additional parameters in the CURLSMBS, but I’m not sure
which. Any pointers?

tia,

Maximilian Tyrtania
http://www.contactking.de