Hmm, wait a minute, now I seem to have success with a simple date object too.
Which is surprising again, seeing that the ABRecordMBS.setValue(value as
variant, propertyName as string)-docs (at
https://www.monkeybreadsoftware.net/addressbook-abrecordmbs-method.shtml) say:

Value can be Integer, Double, Dictionary, MultiValueMBS/MutableMultiValueMBS or
String.
Returns true if the value was set successfully

Well, I guess Date objects are valid too and Christian just didn't update the
docs.

So - nevermind.

Maximilian Tyrtania
http://www.contactking.de