FYI : the answer of supp...@advsofteng.net

helpful !

Frael

------------------------------------

Hi,

For the PieChart, unluckily, there is no API that can return the full dimension
including those parts that are outside the chart.

For the XYChart, after calling XYChart.layoutAxes, you can use
Axis.getThickness to determine the “thickness” of the axis (the height of a
horizontal axis, or the width for a vertical axis). You can also use
XYChart.packPlotArea to adjust the plot area so that the entire plot area and
the axis stays within a bounding box of your choice. Several of the sample
code, such as “http://www.advsofteng.com/doc/cdcfdoc/#missingpoints.htm”,
demonstrates how to use packPlotArea.

For the PieChart, if you can have several small sectors, you may consider to
use the “Side Label Layout” method. See:

http://www.advsofteng.com/doc/cdcfdoc/#sidelabelpie.htm

You can use TextBox.setMaxWidth to limit the width of the text box (where the
TextBox object can be obtained from PieChart.setLabelStyle). In this case, the
text will wrap to avoid exceeded the width limit. This can help to avoid the
text from overflowing the left or right edges. However, even with “Side Label
Layout”, if you have a lot of long text, it is still possible for the text to
overflow. It is because it is not possible to put arbitrary amount of text in a
limited space. (Unlike a web page that can grow to as long as necessary, a
chart is usually limited in size so it cannot contain too much text.)

Should you need further information, please feel free to contact me.

Regards