Hi all,

Does anyone know if the audio data can be extracted from a file/stream? I'm
looking at trying to detect silence and it appears I can't get the actual
audio level within the plugin. Poking around the VLC developers site either
is not showing much help. However if I can access the samples I may be able
to process. Nothing obvious shows up from the docs but I may be looking for
one name and it is under another name!!

I am able to make this work using BASS but that requires some licensing
cost for when I release and some heavier lifting in declares etc,.

Just curious?

Thanks, Richard