> If I want to replace items on a PDF I can't see how to remove rectangles or
> other page elements (though I think I see how to remove text and perhaps
> images)

Such editor features are on the wish list and Jens may work on this right now.

We’ll see how soon he can provide an update on this.

For the time being you can query the content stream for current page
(GetContent function), modify it and put it back.
I used that before to remove rectangles where I knew the size, so I changed
size to zero/zero.

Sincerely
Christian

--