Yup, that was definitely the problem. Streamed all night and is at close enough
the same memory usage this morning as it was when I went to bed! Thats terrific
:) So for future reference, don’t pass —verbose=1 to the startup arguments of
VLC unless you’re actually going to look at the output.

Sorry for the false alarm!
  James

> On Dec 10, 2017, at 10:37 AM, James Sentman <ja...@sentman.com> wrote:
>
> I’ll post again if I can’t duplicate this lack of leak. It is weird that I
> can’t seem to connect instruments to it without crashing it though. That
> would have been helpful in figuring this out.

Thanks,
 James

James Sentman                       http://www.PlanetaryGear.org
http://MacHomeAutomation.com