> On Apr 4, 2018, at 7:13 AM, Marnaud <anic...@mac.com> wrote:
>
> Le 4 avr. 2018 à 15:54 du soir, Christian Schmitz
> <supp...@monkeybreadsoftware.de> a écrit:
>> Yes. So where is the file on the disk?
>
> Ok, the Nautilus search gave better results than the Terminal one. I finally
> found these files:
> libcairo.so.2 in /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
> libcairo.so.2 in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
>
> Those two files are each a link to libcairo.so.2.11400.6 files in the same
> two directories.
>
> No mention of simple libcairo.so file (i.e. without the ending “2”). Not sure
> that it's relevant or not.

This is something that developers are complaining about bitterly.  The constant
shifting of the lib folders away from accepted, long-standing, standard
locations.  I now create symlinks from the "found" locations to the standard
locations of /lib/ /usr/lib, /lib64, and /usr/lib64 as part of my installer
scripts.

Tim