> Le 22 janv. 2020 à 08:16, Christian Schmitz <supp...@monkeybreadsoftware.de>
> a écrit:
>
>> With this method, trying with the same folder as the “old” way (which
>> contains only 25 files), each call to obtain an icon takes around 4-5
>> seconds,
>
> Sounds like something is broken.

OK, I've done some more tests with a folder containing 37 items. This time, I
focused on individual times, not the whole duration.
1024 size icons are the longest to take while other sizes are random (for
instance, the one immediately faster than the quickest 1024 is a 16 icon;
except 1024 ones being the longest to take, all other sizes have mixed
results). All 1024 icons took more than 15 ticks to be retrieved and all others
took less than 10 ticks.
The longest one to be retrieved took 1643 ticks (nearly 30 seconds). 8 1024
icons took 1400 or more ticks; the other 1024 ones, less than 20 (so, there's a
big gap).

> Use older plugins, older Xojo and continue to use IconFamily functions. Maybe
> by using a helper app.

Would IconFamily even work on 10.14? I switched away from it because I got
black backgrounds in the first place…