I have an Excel sheet that has many reference formulae. E.g. cell I14 contains
a formula “=E2”, and that appears as “Forces” (which is the value in cell E2).
I am trying to read this sheet into a multi-column listbox using the XL plugin.
I am using a case statement like the one in the extract example, so it detects
the cell as a formula. If I use the method

thisSheet.ReadFormula(y,x)

then it puts “=E2” into the listbox for the cell I14.

Is there a method that allows me to load the value (that is, “Forces”) rather
than the formula?

I have a second question about using XL. At present the way that I am reading
my sheet is by row and then by column within a row, and I am creating an array
for each row, which I then write to the listbox using AddRow. Is there a more
direct way to write the value from an Excel cell (say I14) to a cell in the
listbox. The Xojo user guide is not clear on whether this is possible.

Thanks,

Ian.
--
Dr Ian Piper
Tellura - the structured information people