> On Oct 2, 2020, at 6:52 PM, Jerry Fritschle <jerryfritsc...@mac.com> wrote:
>
> So now I can use the debugger to watch my example project work fine,
> everywhere except Big Sur.

Replying to myself here.  Bear with me for thinking aloud but I’m still hoping
someone has an idea. :-)

Using UNNotification in a “real” project, rather than the example I made.
Based on some reading, I had the thought to move the running app to the
background while a lengthy operation was in progress.  Sure enough, the banner
“completion" notification displayed properly.

With the app in the foreground, I still have to use the aforementioned
workaround to changing the notification type (in System Preferences) to
“alerts.”

So I’m on the right track.  But since I am only seeing this on BS, I don’t know
whether it’s really my bug.  If it’s a BS bug, I can stop pulling my hair out.
:-)
-----
"Drama is life with the dull bits cut out."
-Alfred Hitchcock

Jerry Fritschle
jerryfritsc...@icloud.com